The 4th MS Squad
Please log in here.
The 4th MS Squad
Please log in here.
The 4th MS Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 4th MS Squad

The UCGO team 4th_MS_Squad

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Optimal Skillsets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jlytle1234

Character
Level: 1
HP:
Optimal Skillsets Left_bar_bleue200/200Optimal Skillsets Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)
Energy:
Optimal Skillsets Left_bar_bleue200/200Optimal Skillsets Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Optimal Skillsets Empty
PostSubject: Optimal Skillsets   Optimal Skillsets Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:49 am

Finale did you max?
I was thinking at work today about optimal skill sets. This is my initial idea of my optimal skill set.

Air Engagement 0
AMBAC 130
Beam 70
CQB 70
Defense 80
ER 130
Evasion 0
Fighter 0
Ground Engagement 50
Hand to Hand 0
MA 0
MS 40
Shell 0
Shooting 50
Sniping 0
Space Engagement 0
Tactics 130
Weapon Manipulation 50

Everyone throw out your optimal skill set and lets discuss philosophy.
Back to top Go down
Finale
Admin
Finale

Character
Level: 2
HP:
Optimal Skillsets Left_bar_bleue250/250Optimal Skillsets Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)
Energy:
Optimal Skillsets Left_bar_bleue250/250Optimal Skillsets Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

Optimal Skillsets Empty
PostSubject: hey   Optimal Skillsets Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:06 pm

thanks for this Josh, this was a great idea. ya know what though, my sniping and cqb are damn near even, and i was thinking of switching....idk yet though, we shall see.
Back to top Go down
Alex

Optimal Skillsets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optimal Skillsets   Optimal Skillsets Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:28 pm

jlytle1234, not meaning to sound rude, especially since this isn't even the team forum for the team I'm in, but I need to say a few things about your build.

Trying to make a skill build that's balanced for melee and ranged fighting isn't a bad idea, but you should really rethink some of those skills. Since you seem to want a balanced melee/range, you should just comletely do without shooting, you could really use those points elsewhere since that small amount would only add a little more to only shot damage. You should also think about getting more Ground Engagement and Mobile Suit skill (it's more than just a requirement for using suits), as they both help with accuracy. Also on that note, Beam Cartridge just adds to accuracy, could potentially drop that a bit specifically for Ground Engagement (since they both are accuracy skills and GE would further hit rate with melee). Also since it seems you want to do both, should probably lower ER (to about 100-110) and Defense some and possibly just do without Weapon Manipulation so you have more points for skills that will let you hit. This is spreading your points too thin and you barely have anything in two of the main skills that add to accuracy of any weapon.

Also as a note for Mobile Suit skill, it gives you a bonus to both hit and dodge, the higher your skill is above the requirement for the suit you're using, the bigger the bonus. So with only 40 in the skill, you won't get any bonus if you end up in a G-3 and barely any bonus to other Gundams.

I'm personally going for a build something along the lines of this:
AMBAC 130
Beam 70
CQB 90
Defense 30
ER 90
Ground Engagement 130
MS 130
Shell 70
Tactics 60

I'm still adjusting here and there, and as I get my skills closer to these levels, I'm sure I'll tweak it some more. I have a bit in Shell because I'm looking to use mainly Sniper II for mid-close range, and one of the best weapons the suit can use is a good EX machine gun. But using my build as an example, could take away the 70 Shell I have and put that in Defense and/or Tactics. This would be basically the same as what you have, but allow for a much higher hit rate with the higher GE and MS.

I have a philosophy with my character building that power doesn't mean anything if you can't hit anything. And your build you have here is majorly lacking the accuracy.

Btw, wouldn't let me fit Alexandria in the username so I put Alex, since I'm not registered on your team forum, not even my team ;x
Back to top Go down
jlytle1234

Character
Level: 1
HP:
Energy:

Optimal Skillsets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optimal Skillsets   Optimal Skillsets Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:50 am

Alex, thank you for your input.
I have rethought and received advice since my first idea of a final build. Everything is WIP and input is valued.
It does appear that shooting is useless and I will drop it to 0.
I realize that defense is only so useful, you really need to be able to dodge attacks. With high powered opponents, your shield lasts for maybe 2 hits. I also wanted to emphasize CQB over beam because if you are going to get in a CQB fight, you want to be as powerful as possible.
So ultimately I want to be as agile and deadly as possible.
Right now I am thinking of this build:
Air Engagement 0
AMBAC 130
Beam 70
CQB 130
Defense 40
ER 100
Evasion 0
Fighter 0
Ground Engagement 40
Hand to Hand 0
MA 0
MS 130
Shell 0
Shooting 0
Sniping 0
Space Engagement 0
Tactics 130
Weapon Manipulation 30

I do like your build, and your philosophy on accuracy is spot on. I think another variable to consider is the player characteristics to make up for what your MS build is lacking. I will change my mind on final build hundreds of times before its done.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character
Level: 5
HP:
Optimal Skillsets Left_bar_bleue400/400Optimal Skillsets Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
Energy:
Optimal Skillsets Left_bar_bleue400/400Optimal Skillsets Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)

Optimal Skillsets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optimal Skillsets   Optimal Skillsets Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:20 am

Heres mine, im going for beam, cqb, and shell.

Strength - 150
Spirit - 225
Luck - 325
-----------------------------
Air Engagement - 0
AMBAC - 130
Beam Cartridge Weapon - 90
CQB - 120
Defense - 25
Emergency Repair - 70
Evasion - 0
Fighter - 0